Create a natural user interface for 3D modeling using Hand Gestures.
· Left mouse button click - Specify 3D points or specify action events
· Right mouse button click - Rotate the camera
· Right mouse button click & first two fingers together - Pan and Zoom
· Forefinger and Thumb pinch - Freeze the 3D pointer to reposition your hand to cover more 3D space
I included a ground plane as a plane of reference for the user to build off of. The grid on the floor also helps in giving a sense of scale to the user.
This project was very successful investigation into using hand gestures to create 3D models. Unfortunately, it is not as fast as conventional 2D design tools, which would make the adoption of this tool very slow.
You can access the Processing version of the Play3D on GitHub.
Two icons in the GUI were downloaded from the Noun project
1. Hexagonal Prism by Sam Martin from the Noun Project
2. Cylinder by Sam Martin from the Noun Project